There are so many studies that tell you what you should do to lose weight and become healthier. Ultimately the only advice you should go by, is by listening to your body. Here are the 10 tips that got me off the couch and seeing changes in my life:
- Portion Control – Don’t go back for seconds…Ask yourself, are you really hungry?
- Eliminate Soda & High Sugar Juices – Read the labels…even though its “juice”, it may not be good for you!
- Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water each day – staying hydrated will curve your hunger and help you during workouts.
- Set goals – buy a new pair of pants in a smaller size!
- Try a new veggie – replace a veggie with a “comfort food” side dish, broaden your current diet!
- Control Eating out – Eat an appetizer as an entrée when eating out for dinner.
- Track your progress – Take a before picture, a weekly picture, and an after picture – It’s amazing how your body will transform!
- Stretch – Only 20 minutes a day, don’t get discouraged about how “unflexible” you are, practice makes perfect!
- Don’t underestimate yourself – Love yourself, pat yourself on the back, YOUR body can handle much more than you think!
- Inspire YOURself – whether it be running, a new arobic’s class, yoga, cycling, find it, try new things! It will make you actually enjoy exercising!
YOU need to be a confident person who is making a difference in your life. Your life isn’t going to change by continuing in your current lifestyle…But don’t do it for anyone else except for yourself! Of course there are the days that you feel crappy and bloated and all you want to do is be lazy – embrace those days! Don’t over work yourself because then you’ll quit and everything you did up until that point will be for nothing! You are going to have bad eating days and good eating days. Don’t deprive yourself, but also don’t eat cheesecake every night of the week 🙂 At the end of the day, you need to believe in yourself and you will meet every goal you set! I hope at least 3 of my tips help you in becoming healthier and happier! Have an amazing Thursday… 🙂